Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Revisioning.

I doubt anyone from the "outside world" is still reading along on this site, but, in case you are I suppose a little explanation is in order.

As is referenced in the description bar, Bloom is undergoing a little bit of a tectonic shift. Don't let the earthquake fool you, though, it's going to be better than ever.

I was recently talking with my lady friends Devon and Celeste, and we realize that we all had collections of recipes that we drool over (and drool to hear one another talk about)--but no easy place to share them. I got home from work today and it occurred to me: the poor little Bloom blog is getting no love. Wilting and withering.

Thus, I've decided to repurpose this place as a location for a close group of friends to share their favorite cooking exploits. The "YOU MUST TRY THIS" recipes, the "I'll bet this is AMAZING" links, and the "Can you PLEASE give me the recipe for that??" requests.

Blame Celeste's tweeting about her Hungarian mushroom soup. That's what started it.

It'll take a little while to get things going, and some things are certainly off-limits (sorry, you can't have my dad's cornbread recipe, or my mom's blueberry muffin recipe, or our family's Danish Fluff recipe), but hopefully this will become a great reference for things we've found (please link and credit, no thieving!) and for things we've created.

I imagine that the appearance of this blog will change a little in the days to come as well. Stick with us through our growing pains.

1 comment:

Celeste M. said...

Mohohohoho! It's MY fault again! Can't wait to see all the recipes we can share. Yum yum yum.