Thursday, October 02, 2008

A few favorite recipes.

Here are a few that we've made recently and have been stunning.

First, the infamous Chipotle brownies. Oh holy yum. They have heat, and kick, and lots of tasty.
Thank you Smittenkitchen.
http://smittenkitchen.com/2008/09/the-baked-brownie-spiced-up/

Also from Smittenkitchen, a really knock-out recipe for Kefta Kebabs.
These knocked my socks off. I know all of you don't eat meat, but you really should. JUST for these. Then you can go back to being a vegetarian. Pleeeaaaaase? You can even use humane, friendly-raised lamb?
http://smittenkitchen.com/2008/08/kefta-and-zucchini-kebabs/

I wasn't sure I'd like the mint sauce (it was really good, though), so I made an additional sauce for dipping, identical except substituting dill in for the mint. It was awesome. I've made the sauce again to use as a condiment for some awesome pita sandwiches I might have to share with you later. Which CAN be made vegetarian, if you use mushrooms instead of chicken. You'll just toot a lot between that and the hummus. But, yes, more on that later.

Finally, one last recipe we've made recently: MIGAS!
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/09/ree-drummond-migas/
We were both feeling low the other night and made them as Tex-Mex breakfast-for-dinner. MMM. TASTY. And VEGETARIAN. Anyhow, ultimate comfort food. And make sure you really kick up the spice, because 1 1/2 jalepenos didn't do much for me.

1 comment:

Celeste M. said...

Wow. I am making those migas ASAP.